Soo.. what's next?

Before stepping into college, my mom and I had a conversation about the course I would take- which was either Psychology or Political Science. Upon sitting in front of the computer to encode the course of my liking, I paused. I thought, that if I chose either of the two, and I became bored after college, I would end up teaching. Now there's one problem- I don't like it. Not one bit (no offense). But now, my thoughts say otherwise.

During my college years, I always thought what I wanted to be and what was my plan for my life. I was lost, to say the least. I never liked the course I took up. So what did I do? I prayed and asked for guidance. Was there an answer? No. In my 4 years, an answer wasn't given. Scenarios played in my head about the possibility of going into different kinds of job. But it didn't work out. Why? Because I thought highly of myself. The Bible says that whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself, will be exalted (Matthew 23:12). And I was clearly, doing the opposite thing.

Several weeks ago, I applied for a job I didn't like- but I passed. And during the interview, I was asked, "If you were to choose between teaching and selling, which one would you choose?" And yes, I answered, teaching! It's funny because I never liked it. But for some unknown reason, God made a way. Call me a late bloomer or someone who doesn't really listen to career talks and advice (well, most probably the latter), but that was the ONLY time I understood the words, "Go. For. Your. Passion." 

The book of Ecclesiastes tells us a great example of what to do.

"Work hard at whatever you do.." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

You are called to do something great. Be wise, but at the same time, be patient. Work hard if you truly want it. But live in fullness to His Word. Remember, He calls the shots.

If you're a graduate in the course you chose, then go for it! You chose it for a reason! Pursue it with all your heart and mind, and don't get easily distracted. Have a goal. But also, be specific. Or if you're like me, who never knew what to do until the time of the interview, then let me tell you something: A person once told me about discerning the will of God in your life. She said, if your mind doesn't battle with your heart, then that is God's will.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing, and perfect will." - Romans 12:2

Here's my last piece of advice. If you're still a student, learning the ways to get here and there, or maybe you're not a student anymore, I pray that you will always ask for His guidance. Follow your passion, believe that God will deliver, be joyful always, pray at all times, and be thankful in ALL circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Comments

Popular Posts