Victory Weekend
For weeks after weeks of meeting with my leader for the One2One, it all finally came down to this: the Victory Weekend. The Victory Weekend is a two day retreat which prepares you for turning away from your old self and starting a new life in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). This event is mainly all about you and your relationship with God as you start walking through that narrow gate (Matthew 7:13) and realize that you are free (John 8:36). But being free doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want. It simply means that you can do whatever you want for as long as you live in faith everyday.
Last week was the most memorable weekend I've ever spent in my 19 years of living. In those 2 days, I realized that there were really things that I shouldn't worry about (Matthew 6:25-26). There were things that I should focus more into. There were things that should never be left hanging. There were things that you just really need to shout out and claim your victory over sin (Romans 6:14). There were things that needed to be said to people just so you won't hold it and pass it on to the next generation (Exodus 34:7). And there were really things that opened my eyes (John 8:32). This is just a list of what God has revealed to me last week.
To tell you honestly, it's an amazing process. It's a process in where I saw my changes ever since I was invited to church. Knowing my purpose has made me cut off the things that I shouldn't do simply because I know my goal.
In my life, never did I experience an easy feeling like this one. I really found my joy in all the things that I do nowadays. Yes, I still experience problems. Yes, I still have problems. And yes, I will go through problems like each and every single one of you. Being in Christ doesn't mean that you will have "storm-free lives." That's not a fact. The fact is, when you're in Christ, you will experience "storm-proof lives." I never really got the whole statement before, but after the two day retreat, I then knew the real meaning of life. The life in which I will never receive if Christ didn't die for me on the cross. That revelation itself speaks of victory; victory over death.
In my 19 years of living, I was in darkness. I sinned and I kept on hurting God. I never knew the meaning of repentance. I never had genuine faith. I only apologized to the people whom I did wrong but never to God.
Revelations were coming from all angles last week. I thank my girlfriend, my leader, and the people who surround me. These people are my spiritual family. They help me when I'm down, when I'm not in the mood, when I'm cold, when all things seem to be falling. I thank each and every single one of them because all of this was never an accident. They were all connected in my network of friends and "people-whom-I-should-meet." I know there's more out there who live in Christ in where they will teach me and guide me. I'm all for adventure. I'm in this never ending process of living and having an intimate relationship with God for Him to fulfill His promise for me.
But you know what? I learned. I learned that it was never really about the process. It was also never about the purpose nor the promise. But in the end, it's about me. It's about Christ being the center of my life and Him being my Lord. It's about realizing that I would not be here if it were not for Him. To Him, all is life. To Him, I fully surrender my all. And to Him, I will live.
Comments