Restored relationships
Relationship is the reason why Christ died for us on the cross. He died for us so that we could be reconciled back to God. And this concept is the same when it comes to broken relationships. All relationships are special, especially the ones that are worth keeping.
Two weeks ago, I met with my friend to start our One2One. On our first day, he explained to me that there were problems in his life that he was struggling with; problems with his siblings, being addicted to games, and a broken relationship with a close friend. We prayed that these 3 problems would end in God's PERFECT TIME. I never asked that it would happen immediately, or the next day, or the day after it. But what happened last Monday was uncalled for. I never knew that that day would be the day that our prayer would be answered.
Sean and Joy are good friends. They're really close and along the run, their friendship took a turn when a small fight broke out. They never exchanged conversations with each other for weeks, if not, months, until Monday came. Sean bought a cake and on the cake, two words caught my attention. It read this: I'm sorry.
Personally, I myself was really amazed! It wasn't the first time that my prayer was answered, but I find this to be really significant as it was really unexpected and that it really had to be an event so the two would be back in good terms; Sean initiated the move, Joy accepted it, and God did the rest.
At around 5 pm earlier, I met with Sean for the One2One and asked him how he was. He told me that his relationship with Joy was back on track- there are no awkward moments, and he has stopped playing games for awhile. His addiction subsided! It's another answered prayer!
Faith really turns everything around. I'm enjoying this journey that I have with Sean as he grows in faith. Now, there are no pressures in this process, but to see him change fully would really be exciting to watch.
Comments