Prayer & Fasting 2014
Every year, Every Nation holds this special event called Prayer&Fasting. It goes on for 5 days with all the churches from Victory and Every Nation participating in the so called event. In these 5 days, the church holds prayer meetings in the evening at around 7 pm. And in these 5 days, the church prays for different kinds of topic.
Testimony after testimony, people have shared how God answered all their prayers after Fasting. I fasted before but this was the first time I participated in the 5 days. Oh and my testimony? All kinds of food that I saw were very.. delightful, delectable, scrumptious, eye-catching, mouth watering, lovely, exquisite, flavorsome, tempting and absolutely sinful. HAHAHAHA. Kidding aside, let's talk about what this event is really all about.
The theme of the Prayer & Fasting was "Fight". It revolved around the verse of 1 Timothy 6:12 which was Fight the good fight of faith. And faith is one of my favorite topics to talk about. Faith defined in the bible is, to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things that we cannot see (Hebrews 11:1). In other words, it's believing that things will happen even if it has not happened yet. A clear and perfect example would be Abraham believing in a voice that told him to go to this country and promised him that he will become the father of all nations.
Faith has revolved around people since the dawn of time and can be frequently seen through prayers. Prayer is the communication between people and God. Through prayer, people can ask for requests or just simply give thanks to God. Fasting on the other hand is not starving yourself to death, but it's eating less as an act of humility before our Saviour. So what happens when both of these are combined? Well, a pastor said, that fasting is not about God hearing us, but it's us hearing God.
I wrote my faith goals for this year. Every morning and every night, I would just pray and pray that all my faith goals will be answered this year. On the 4th day, I already felt joy. I felt this unique sensation in me that everything in my faith goals will be answered.
I encourage you people to fast. Fasting doesn't have to be a big time event that you will only do it twice a year. If you feel the urge to fast, then do it. But it needs a purpose. And that purpose is yours to decide. You'll hear Him, you just have to believe.
Comments