The past, present, and the future

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." - Alice Morse Earle


Most of us (if not, all) have really big plans in the future. We all want to go bungee jumping; we all want to have this kind of phone; we all want to travel; we all want to be independent; we all want to live in this house that's designed by us; we all want to experience being in a relationship; we all want to marry the man/woman of our dreams and so on. In very short words, we all want to make the most of our lives. It's the thrill and the excitement that's making us push more to do all of these things every single day. But there will always be a problem. Hindrances are always inevitable in planning. 

The quote above is a very nice example of not worrying about the future and mainly just thinking about the time given. I myself, have a lot of plans in the future. And lately, it's been bringing me down. I haven't been in the mood for the past few days because of this. I keep thinking of the future and not the present. I look at my past as a reminder of what I shouldn't be. But earlier today, it all became clear. I viewed my whole situation from an angle I didn't want; not because it was the only view that was available, but because it was the only view I wanted to see. 

Now, it's just about focusing on what's really important: today. It's about, not thinking of anything else. It's about, making the most of the "NOW" given. And it's about looking for new things in ordinary days.

Comments

Popular Posts