Your life lessons - One2One
[Taken from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNiKkOfjX-mRvQLi-z1Onh-POPRMBHFOhV_PlgELolPjguy2gFWxKsP94nncpBK6YXpaVTZq5Yzt59CPTEOdv5u1ovcG3vKxvGju8lN410juZfapufC_7_EaRgShchZ8JAoUhx7vT73FV-/s1600-h/One2One+Book.jpg]
"Your life lessons are the insights that you have learned about God, relationships, problems, temptations, and other aspects of your life." - Rick Warren
The One2One is a booklet written by Pastor Steve Murrell. People in Victory usually refer to this booklet as A walk with God. The booklet has basically six chapters divided mainly into these:
- Salvation
- Lordship
- Repentance
- Baptism
- The Bible and Prayer
- The Church
Last summer, I remember asking my leader on what should I prepare or what I should bring in order to start the One2One. His answer was this, "Wala naman.. kelangan mo lang ihanda yung sarili mo sa isang malupet na adenture.. HAHAHA. kasama si God" (in english: Nothing. You only need to prepare yourself for one great adventure.. HAHAHA. With God).
We basically started (if I am not mistaken) in the month of June or July. It took us weeks for us to finish the booklet with only 30 minutes or so to meet. It was held every monday, wednesday and friday as it was the only allotted time for us. So anyway, let's move on.
Being with this person, my leader, has made me realize some things I never really thought or knew about from the first place. I was introduced to a world in where our conversations were merely filled with humility from start to end. The One2One was a way where you will really let your secrets out and you will see who you really and truly are as a person. It's as if you're inside this secured room with only one person and because of that person, you get to see your mistakes and the wrongs you've committed in the past. I was like that. My leader made me realize who I was before accepting Christ and because of him, there were some questions that bothered me and he was able to provide me the answers I needed.
This person made me see things in another perspective. I realized then that I would never be who I am now if it were not for the decisions I made in the past. I realized that some (if not, most) of the lessons I've learned after accepting Christ as my Saviour was through this person! It's amazing!
And the best part?
I know now that some of the answers that God will provide you with are not situations or signs that He will give you or show you. Sometimes, He will use people to provide you the answers you need in a simple situation. I'm blessed by my leader. He's a great person and I also owe him a jogging session. Hahaha.
Let's end this here. I've been taught that it's okay to read the bible and reflect on the scriptures yourselves, but it's much better if you have people by your side (spiritual people) who will bring you closer to God. It ignites your heart with a burning passion to simply press with life. They encourage you and teach you how to live and simply have fun.

Comments