Prayers

Never in my life did I like over-thinking. I hate it. I really do. You see, over the past few weeks, it's been killing me; I think of things that should never be thought about. I think of things that are way out of my range. I make small things big because of my never ending worries.
But did you know what I learned?

I learned that even though I had so many things to do, so many school works to cram, so many problems to worry about (in which I shouldn't), I learned to take all of these things one step at a time. I prayed to God and asked for His grace and because of it, I learned to control my mind. The bible says that the testing of our faith produces patience.

How did I do it?

I carried on with my routine with all of these burdens dwelling between my shoulders. It was hard. In all honesty, it was a pain in the butt. All that I remember now is how I've grown over those weeks and how I've trained my mind to become calm and how the gift of grace was given to me freely. Prayer really changes things. It's the most powerful tool anyone could use over someone, a problem or an event. It helped me. :) Last week didn't really become the week I wanted it to be, but nevertheless, I experienced the help I needed. I became more dependent on God and because of it, He answered my prayers.

It's hard to worship God in times of trials. But did you know, when you do shout His name in praise, especially when you're at your lowest, you will feel that you're at your highest? This is because you will know that He will never leave you nor forsake you. There may be a hundred or a thousand reasons why you're down and why you have that up-side-down curve on your face, but there will always be one reason to turn it right-side-up. Find your joy and rejoice in all circumstances and all will be well.

Pray without ceasing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Pray. Believe. Rejoice.

Comments

Popular Posts