2010 = FIFA World Cup
Sometime next year (summer if my memory serves me right), an important event will take place in South Africa: The FIFA World Cup. The FIFA World Cup takes place every 4 years. The last world cup occurred last 2006, which was held in Germany. The teams gave their very best to strive for the title. Everything was fantastic! (well except the part when zidane kicked the arse of Materazzi- which was kind of epic)
Winners last 2006:
1st: Italy
2nd: France
3rd: Germany
4th: Portugal
It's quite heartbreaking to see Brazil lost but hey, they've won the trophy more than 3 times in the passed few years. I guess it's time for them to take a break? Hehe.
Anyway, next year will be one of the most awaiting events. The whole world will be watching whether you're a soccer player or not. Soccer schools (especially ours) will be cheering for their favorite country and words will be exchanged from both parties. Will I experience it? Of course! Is it part of the whole thing? Of course! Will my favorite team kick the arse of the other teams that my friends chose? NO DOUBT! YES!. See! The start of the games will still happen 2 to 5 months from now and I'm already jumping and shouting. This time, I am confident that the country of my choice will win, which is:
ENGLAND
[photo: http://www.travellerspoint.com/flags/240-lgflag.gif]
Comments