Noynoy's Candidacy
Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Cojuangco Aquino III was born on the 8th of February of 1960 and the only son of former President Corazon Aquino and Senator Ninoy Aquino. He studied in Ateneo and graduated in 1981 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics.
Last Wednesday, Senator Noynoy shocked the country by announcing his candidacy for the Presidency next 2010 elections. I personally, am not satisfied with his decision. Why? 1.) He's not good. 2.) He's not good and 3.) The so called Cory "Magic". I mean seriously, look at him. Noynoy became popular just because of his mother's death. Was he asked or did he even have plans on joining the elections from the passed years? No.
Sure his mother was the former President of the country, but that does not give him the intention to rule. He said that he wanted to "accomplish" his mother's goal? man, screw those things. Former Pres. Cory Aquino has accomplished her goals. She has proved that her life was a success. She didn't even regret of challenging former Pres. Ferdinand Marcos for the Presidency. She did it because she knew that it was going to benefit not just for her, but for the country as well.
The 2010 elections will be the real deal compared to the passed ones. This is the time wherein every single thing is set. The time wherein everyone is hoping, praying, counting on, having faith, expecting and looking forward for the country to reach its very peak. In other words, the next person who will sit in that chair will carry everything in his/her shoulders. He/She should be able to carry and execute this fatiguing task.
Now back to Noynoy. He's made his decision, so yeah, I'm good with that. I can't change it, his family can't change it, and the whole country can't change it. If he ever wins (I doubt it), good luck to him.
Comments