Thanks for Everything
Just want to take this time out to share to you guys how great my Grandmother was.
And this is her story:
Born at the 9th of May in Daet, Bicol. My Grandmother was to set foot here on Earth. She was the 3rd or the 4th one in the family. She had 4 sisters and 1 brother. Life before was hard cause the country was under the Spanish colony. Which means that they were poor before but no matter what she faced when she a was a little kid, she faced it with courage.
After some years, she married a man she loved with all her heart and gave birth to 4 beautiful girls and 2 handsome boys. My mom which was the oldest then my uncle which was the youngest. After years through suffering, she successfully took care of my mom, my aunties and my uncles. Each and everyone of them finished college with such good grades. Others didn't have good scores but still, they managed to pass.
Years later, my grandfather died somewhere in 2000 or 2001. All of us went to the province along with Nanay (grandmother) to see my Lolo's corpse. He was a handsome man and also a cool one.
3 or 4 years later, my Uncle died which was the husband of my Aunt. My grandmother told my uncle when he was about to get burried "O, paano ba yan Tucker. Tapos na yung paghihirap mo. Nasa masaya ka nang lugar. Pahinga ka na." That was one of the depressing things that happened to our family.
After 2004, we the family treasured our moments with Nanay with tender, loving and care. She was really strong at those years. She can shout, walk alone and she still has the ability to do almost everything.
Until 1 day, she was raced to the Hospital cause she felt something very painful. Not knowing what it was, she still faced it with courage. Kidney failure was the cause that's why my aunt and my uncle came home. They knew very well that Nanay wasn't going to live much longer in this world of cruelty.
After a month or 2, Nanay was still able to cherish her life with us during the New Year. Too bad that she was just on her bed in the house sleeping almost all day. Nevertheless, she was happy at that time.
After a week or 2, she was confined to the hospital again. Now, this time, I already knew that her system will shutdown in just a matter of days. That's why, I blamed myself for all of the things I haven't done. Whenever she wants to see me, I'm always not there. She frequently asks my mother where am I or whatever I am doing.
On Jan. 15 at 12:58 noon, she passed away in the hospital bed. I still managed to see her the day before. She was catching her breath very slow that night. She can't barely move but she can still hear. All of us whispered in her ear everything we wanted to say. Others told her how much she loved her and thanked her for everything she did for them. And I did the same.
These were my words....
"Nay, maraming salamat po sa mga ginawa niyo ho sa akin. Patawad na rin po sa mga pagkukulang kong ginawa at patawad na rin kung nasakatan ko kayo dati. Pero po, pahinga na po kayo. Masyado na po kayong naghihirap. Salamat po uli"
Those were my last words to her before she passed away. Up to now, I still thank her for everything. She's in a happy place now along with her family members.
R. I. P.
PERSEVERANDA G. FLORES
May 9, 1923 - Jan 15, 2009
Comments